REBUILT ENGINES INSTALLED LIMITED WARRANTY
ALL LONG BLOCK PASSENGER CAR/LIGHT TRUCK ASSEMBLIES SOLD AND INSTALLED BY CROSSTOWN ENGINE REBUILDERS ARE WARRANTED TO BE FREE OF DEFECTS IN MATERIAL AND WORKMANSHIP TO THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER FOR THE PERIOD OF THREE (3) YEARS OR 60,000 KMS, WHICHEVER COMES FIRST (COMMERCIAL USE VEHICLES – ONE (1) YEAR OR 20,000 KMS.) ITEMS NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY
1. ENGINE MIS-USED, OVER-HEATED, RUN WITHOUT OIL)COOLANT, FAULTY COMPUTER RELATED FUNCTIONS, DETONATION, LEAN OPERATING CONDITION, MIXTURES SET-UP INCORRECTLY, CRANKSHAFT THRUST FAILURE, LACK OF MAINTENANCE. ENGINE USED IN AN APPLICATION OTHER THAN INTENDED, RACING OR HIGH PERFORMANCE ENGINES ARE NOT WARRANTED. AUXILIARY ITEMS SUCH AS: CARBURETOR, FUEL INJECTION, OIL PAN, TIMING COVER, CLUTCH ASSEMBLY, INTAKE/EXHAUST MANIFOLDS FOR WARPING, “PITTING”, FLEX-PLATE CRACKING, ELECTRIC. FAN, OR ANY OTHER ITEM THAT IS ATTACHED TO THE REMANUFACTURED LONG BLOCK ARE NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY.
2. TO OBTAIN ANY TYPE OF WARRANTY, THE PURCHASER MUST PERFORM A 1,000 KM SERVICE, WHICH WOULD INCLUDE CHANGING THE OIL/FILTER, TAPPET ADJUSTMENT, RE-TIGHTENING GASKETS AND AN OVERALL INSPECTION OF THE ENGINE. CHARGES DO APPLY MAY BE TAKEN TO ANOTHER REPAIR FACILITY. RECEIPTS MUST BE KEPT.
3. INCIDENTAL ITEMS SUCH AS: TOWING, OIL, ANTI-FREEZE, LOSS OF REVENUE DUE TO A BREAKDOWN, HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS, TRANSPORTATION, CAR RENTAL, OR ANY LOSS DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY INCURRED ARE NOT COVERED OR IMPLIED UNDER WARRANTY AND WILL NOT BE COMPENSATED UNDER ANY CONDITION!
4. CROSSTOWN ENGINE REBUILDERS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ANY CLAIM FOR WARRANTY WHERE SERVICE/MAINTENANCE RECORDS OR INVOICE CANNOT BE PROVIDED.
5. THE ENGINE MUST NOT BE OPENED, DISMANTLED OR ANY WORK ATTEMPTED WITHOUT WRITTEN AUTHORIZATION FROM CROSSTOWN ENGINES, NOT INCLUDING OIL CHANGES. ALL WARRANTY REPAIRS MUST BE PERFORMED AT CROSSTOWN ENGINES. ANY WORK DONE ON THE ENGINE OUTSIDE CROSSTOWN ENGINES WILL NOT BE COMPENSATED.
6. IT IS THE CUSTOMERS RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT ALL INDICATING INSTRUMENTS RELATED TO THE ENGINE FUNCTION PROPERLY ODOMETER MUST BE WORKING PROPERLY
7. IT IS THE CUSTOMERS RESPONSIBILITY TO PROVIDE THE PROPER MAINTENANCE AND WINTERIZING. ENGINE SERVICES SHOULD BE BETWEEN 3,000-4,000 KMS INTERVALS. A RECORD OF SERVICES AND RECEIPTS MUST BE MAINTAINED.
8. ENGINE “BREAK-IN” PERIOD – 5,000 KMS. ALL ENGINE ASSEMBLIES HAVE BEEN FULLY TESTED AT THE FACTORY PRIOR TO INSTALLATION. A PROPER “BREAK-IN” WILL ADD TO THE LIFE OFYOUR ENGINE. WE RECOMMEND TO LIMIT THE SPEED TO 100 KM/H (60 MPH) FOR THE FIRST 3,000-4,000 KMS OF DRIVING. DO NOT DRIVE FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME AT A CONSTANT SPEED, EITHER FAST OR SLOW. ALWAYS ALLOW THE ENGINE TO REACH OPERATING TEMPERATURE PRIOR TO DRIVING. DO NOT USE SYNTHETIC OIL DURING BREAK-IN PERIOD.
REMANUFACTURED ENGINES LIMITED WARRANTY NOT INSTALLED BY US
Remanufactured engines are guaranteed to the original purchaser against failure due to defective parts or workmanship for a period of 12 months or 20,000km whichever comes first from the date of purchase.
This warranty will not apply to any engine which has been subjected to misuse such as: crankshaft thrust failure,overheating,negligence,lack of proper maintenance,improper levels,use or contamination of fluids,freezing,damage resulting from racing,towing,fire,collision,theft,vandalism,or improper installation of the remanufactured engine.
We do not assume any responsibility for towing charges,lay-up time,loss of income,oil,antifreeze,or vehicle rental under any circumstances.This waives all other warranties expressed or implied.
It is the purchasers responsibility to ensure that the engine purchased is for the correct application.
In the event of a engine failure,it is the responsibility of the purchaser to return the engine to Crosstown engines Div. of 903674 Ontario limited,at his/her own expense, including the removing and replacing of the engine from the vehicle.
Crosstown Engine rebuilders liability expressed or implied,is limited to the selling price of any engine,cylinderhead,or other engine components.
The purchaser understands that if the heat taps installed on the engine are melted or removed it will void the warranty